If you’re like us, you probably winced when you saw a player’s elbow connect with another player’s mouth in the first-round matchup between Auburn and Jacksonville State in the men’s basketball NCAA Tournament. The player had two chipped teeth and was withdrawn from the game. Too bad he wasn’t wearing a custom-made sports mouthguard!
According to the American Dental Association, athletes not wearing mouthguards are 60 times more likely to suffer dental damage. Yes, 60 times! At Kirchner Dental, we offer custom mouthguards that work better than those purchased from a store.
But maybe you’re wondering if the greater expense of a custom-made appliance is really worth it. Check out these five reasons:
- Higher Standards – Our mouthguards meet the standards developed by the American Dental Association and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for Athletic Mouth Protectors and Materials. This is not the case for most store-bought mouthguards.
- Superior Fit – Our mouthguards are made using dental impressions, for a perfect fit. That means they are more likely to stay in your mouth during even the most intense action. Plus, since they are more comfortable, you won’t be tempted to leave them on the sidelines.
- No Fussy Fit Adjustments – Unlike store-bought mouthguards, you won’t need a frustrating “boil-and-bite” process before wearing it.
- Can Accommodate Special Requirements – Our team can ensure your custom appliance fits great even if you have braces or other orthodontia.
- Backed by Our Dentist’s Expertise – Different sports need different styles of mouthguards. With his expertise, our dentist will make sure you get one that will provide your teeth with the right kind of protection.