It’s National Children’s Dental Health Month, and that means spending some time in our blog making sure you know how to protect your little one’s smile.
Instilling good dental habits at home is a big part of that, teaching them to brush and floss properly and keeping their sugar intake low to prevent tooth decay and cavities.
The other part of ensuring your child’s dental health is bringing them to us routinely for cleanings and exams. Our kid-friendly team at Kirchner Dental understands how stressful it can be when you bring kids to the dentist for the first time, but when they experience dentistry in a positive way as a child, they’ll be more likely to avoid dental fear in the future, a huge barrier to good oral health for millions of adults.
Here are five ways we aim to make your child’s dental visits successful:
- For all of our patients, young and old, we maintain a friendly, relaxed atmosphere in our Jeffersonville practice so it’s a comfortable place to visit.
- We invest in the latest technology for pain-free procedures, starting with our syringe-free numbing technique that eliminates one of the most frightening parts of dental treatment, especially for kids.
- The first time your child visits us, we make the appointment more about introducing them to our staff, establishing a trusting relationship with them, letting them check out the dental chair, and showing them fun gadgets we use to demonstrate how to brush and floss.
- We will talk them through the teeth cleaning process so they know what’s going on and what to expect next.
- We offer fun rewards for great dental habits so kids have more incentives to take care of their teeth at home and learn that good oral hygiene matters.
The more comfortable your little ones are at the dentist, the better chance they will have to achieve and maintain a bright, healthy smile all throughout their development.