For individuals who may have worn teeth or discolored teeth or perhaps they have had fillings over the year that at this point look very good any longer, we offer dental veneers. What they are is a shell of porcelain over the teeth. It really restores the shape and the shade. It's something that can be very dramatic, and so if people are looking for a smile makeover, that's the route that you want to go.
There was recently a lady who came in who had significantly worn teeth, and so we were able to restore her smile. It was so rewarding to see the difference that it made.
A smile full of discolored, chipped teeth is not pretty. When people see such smiles, they don’t know how to react. Worse, your confidence and self-esteem are lower when your teeth don’t look attractive. At our Jeffersonville, Indiana dentist office, we have a modern technique that not only transforms the look of your teeth — it makes them stronger, too: dental veneers.
Dental veneers are custom-made covers for the front of your teeth. They look like small shells that match the size, shape, and color of your teeth. People often call them “instant orthodontics” because they make your smile look great instantly. By making them slightly larger than your teeth, you can cover over unsightly gaps between teeth. They can also make uneven edges look smooth and normal and crooked teeth appear straight.
Dental Veneers Improve Smiles
Veneers help your smile in two ways.
- They hide imperfections. Over time, your teeth have probably collected some unattractive problems. Coffee, smoke, and wine can all stain your teeth, turning pearly whites into dingy, yellow ones. You could also have chips, uneven edges, or dark grooves in your enamel. Once top-notch Jeffersonville, Indiana dentist Dr. Kirchner carefully places veneer, they will cover over all of those imperfections. Stains, chips, and more are no longer visible. Instead, you get dazzling white, smooth teeth.
- They seal up damage. Sometimes, cosmetic problems aren’t just cosmetic. Chips and cracks are evidence of damaged enamel. Because veneers are bonded to the front of your teeth, they seal up damaged areas and prevent them from growing.
Dental Veneer Placement
Your veneer needs to fit perfectly on your teeth. Dr. Kirchner will begin by measuring your teeth carefully. Once the veneer is made, he will remove a thin layer of enamel. This way, the veneers will look normal in your mouth. Then he will artfully bond them to the front of your teeth. Since the veneers are made for each tooth specifically, they will fit nicely. If you need help covering gaps or rough edges, trusted Jeffersonville, Indiana dentist Dr. Kirchner will have veneers made just a bit larger. Then he’ll make sure they are placed properly.
Dental Veneer Options
At our Jeffersonville, Indiana dentist office, you have several kinds of veneers to choose from.
- Our e.max veneers are made from a special porcelain material specifically made to be incredibly strong and durable. They are stain-resistant and can be made for almost any tooth.
- Lumineers are made so incredibly thin, no enamel has to be removed beforehand. That’s why they are called prepless veneers. Yet they are still very strong and tough.
- DuraThin veneers are made from a special porcelain that is so strong, it’s also prepless. No enamel needs to be removed from your teeth.
Regardless of which veneer you choose, you will have a beautiful smile once again.